Winterize Your Kahina Routine
New York is experiencing sub-zero temperatures, and with that bitter wind our skin is really feeling the burn!
Winter is the most crucial time to take care of your skin. Dry heat inside and cold wind outside are punishing. Redness, chapping, and flaking are all manifestations of the toll cold weather takes on your skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are even more apparent because skin has a harder time retaining moisture and protecting itself from the elements.
Here are five steps to switch your Kahina routine into winter mode:
1. Begin with Kahina Facial Cleanser. Its papaya extract has enzymes which help dissolve dead, flaky skin cells that can stay on skin’s surface, dulling it and making it more difficult for moisturizing elements to penetrate. Argan oil will leave skin conditioned, not stripped, while anti-inflammatory blue tansy oil helps soothe skin. Combine our Cleanser with a Clarisonic, konjac sponge, or muslin for a more thorough– yet gentle– exfoliation.
2. Be sure to follow up your cleansing routine with Kahina Toning Mist, before your oil or serum application. Kahina Toning Mist contains sodium hyaluronate, a weightless humectant that helps draw in water and maintain hydration levels. If you’re noticing flaky skin despite moisturizing a lot, it may be because you’re missing this key step in your routine.
3. Next, use a few drops of Argan Oil (for oily or acne-prone skin types) or Serum (for normal, combination, dry or mature skin types). Kahina Prickly Pear Seed Oil is another fantastic option for dry or normal skin types. Since skin is particularly dry during these months, you may need to use more drops than usual. Both of these contain moisturizing, nourishing elements and– thanks to their consistency– they are able to penetrate deeper into skin than a heavier cream. Guys can use a light layer of argan oil to moisturize pre- and post-shave.
4. During the day apply Facial Lotion. The beeswax and shea butter help form a protective barrier to lock moisture in while offering additional protection from wind & cold. At night, you can layer Kahina Night Cream over your Serum or Argan Oil to further moisturize & help skin rebuild and repair, without clogging pores.
5. Eye Cream should be used morning and evening to keep eye area moist which helps to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
7. Use Kahina Lip & Face Balm to prevent dry, chapped lips and also to spot-treat extra-parched areas on the face.
Your winter skincare routine might be more involved, but it will go a long way to keep skin supple and glowing.