Spotlight on Kahina Serum
If you’ve ordered from us recently, you may have noticed there’s a new sample in town: Kahina Serum.
Kahina Serum was one of the original four products in the line and debuted back in 2009 as Katharine’s answer to a super-powered oil-based treatment. Argan Oil is wonderful on its own, but Katharine wanted to include other healing, antioxidant-rich ingredients for a more potent solution to fine lines, sun damage, dryness, and oxidative stress. Serum’s earthy essential oil blend provides both sensory and skin benefits.
Kahina Serum’s argan oil base, which lends its signature vitamin E and skin-balancing properties, is further enriched by seabuckthorn, pomegranate, carrot seed, and coffee bean oil, as well as a synergistic essential oil blend. These oils contribute additional antioxidants, essential fatty acids, and vitamins.
Pomegranate: calms and heals irritated, dry skin; promotes skin’s self-repair system and stimulates regeneration
Seabuckthorn: known for wound healing and alleviating sunburn
Carrot seed: contains carotene, which is rich in vitamin A, and can help deter wrinkles
Coffee: caffeine content is believed to help alleviate puffiness from water retention and is antioxidant-rich
Bisabolol wood oil: has three times the purity of chamomile; has anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant, and anti-bacterial properties
Neroli: rejuvenating and calming, especially for sensitive, dry skin
Lavender: regenerates skin, minimizes scarring, reduces inflammation
Roman chamomile: anti-inflammatory
HOW TO USE IT
Wash face with Kahina Facial Cleanser. Spritz with Kahina Toning Mist. Apply 1-3 drops of Serum to face, neck, and décolletage. For additional moisture, apply Facial Lotion or Night Cream over.
– Let it absorb for a few minutes. Your face should never feel greasy. If it does, you’ve used too much.
– Never layer Serum and Argan Oil, as Serum has sufficient quantities of Argan Oil to make that pairing redundant.
– Serum can be used morning and evening; there are no photosensitizing ingredients.
– Many customers with normal skin use Serum only at night as a regenerative treatment. For those with dry or mature skin, Serum can be used twice daily (AM & PM).
– Apply Kahina Antioxidant Mask once or twice weekly. After removing, spritz with Kahina Toning Mist and apply Kahina Serum for a restorative beauty ritual.
– Some clients use Serum post-laser or post-peel to help aid recovery process.
WHO SHOULD USE IT
– Those looking for anti-aging benefits beyond those offered by argan oil
– Those who enjoy and appreciate an essential oil scent blend
– Those with mature or dry skin
If I have acne-prone skin, can I use Kahina Serum?
In some ways, Serum is ideal for acne prone skin as it contains a broad range of anti-inflammatory ingredients. In addition, argan oil has been shown to balance sebum production over time. However, it is slightly more viscous (heavier) than argan oil and for some, essential oils can be irritating (though the ones in our Serum are in concentrations that should be helpful, not detrimental or irritating). For that reason, we’d recommend trying a sample. We can include a sample with your order, while supplies last – just email us as you place it, or you can order a Sample Pack; sorry samples are not sent out individually. You can also take advantage of our 30-day money back guarantee (when purchased on givingbeauty.com).
I’m confused. Should I use Serum, Prickly Pear Seed Oil, or Argan Oil?
In some cases, you could benefit from all three! Some customers use Serum at night or in cooler weather, then sub in Argan Oil for day or warmer weather. Prickly Pear Seed Oil is a wonderful addition; you can add PPSO drops into your Serum, or alternate it with Serum, using either every other day.
But I want to start with just one.
Argan Oil: oily to normal skin types, primary goal is moisture with secondary goal of anti-aging; wants a single ingredient with no scent
Serum: normal to dry skin types, primary goal is anti-aging with a need for richer moisture; tolerates/enjoys essential oils
Prickly Pear Seed Oil: normal to dry skin types, primary goal is anti-aging with a need for richer moisture; wants a single ingredient with no scent